23/03/2010

Guildford life, in the fast lane

Saturday. The Legion. Yes. We actually managed to get drunk enough to think The Legion was a good idea. It doesn’t make any sense to me. It was a normal Saturday, started off by doing a couple of hours at work. Around six, as my mind slowly drifted away from animation curves and graphs to rum and music, Jowadi and I went by Tesco and bought the modest amount of Captain Morgan Rum we usually do. Only one bottle each. It's a sensible thing really as there are two of us. Sensible. Really it is! It must have been the others joining in later at ours. Yes. It's their fault. To be honest I kinda think its mostly Bryn and Aimee's fault as the cake hat always brings out the worst in people. Its like a curse.
I learned two things from last time we thought The Legion was a good idea. There is a queue, a long one considering its The Legion and not somewhere where people actually choose to go rather than simply ending up there because they're too drunk to know any better. Then I learned that The Legion is NOT the same thing as The Royal British Legion. Oli told me as much a couple weeks ago, but I just didn’t want to listen. Not that I knew what The Royal British Legion was anyway, but it had a better ring to it. At least this time I didn’t stand waving my arms to the sky screaming "Let's go! I want to join the Royal British Legion!!". And I did get a good collection of heads in my bag. DJs heads, bartenders heads, random peoples heads. Good times.












The "Bag Rape" pose. My new Fav.

See what I mean?

1 comment: